Wednesday, August 22, 2007

HAPPY LOCK DAY(S) TO ME!!



















Well, here I am, after 24 long hours--my locks are done!!!! We started at 7:00am Saturday, and worked to 3:00pm. I came back at 6:30 Sunday, and Cia finished up at 1:00am Monday. She really is meticulous about the partings. Even my largest locks are tiny--I can't imagine how small micro locks would be. The first two pictures show me bleary eyed at 1:00am, just after she had finished.


These are pictures from Tuesday morning. I'm trying to work these curls into a sytle. I haven't had curls in so long, I'm having to learn how to style my hair all over again. Sorry, these pictures aren't very good.


















These pictures show the texture and curls a little better. The scalpy/plucked chicken thing turned out not to be a big issue. The picture on the left is the top of my head--mostly covered
with proper finger combing.


And one more picture--me enjoying my brand new Sisterlocks!!





6 comments:

Ms Stella said...

Congratulations Paylar, Your hair is looking great. I can't imagine sitting for that long but, I know it's worth it.

I'll be checking back with you to see your progress.

Anonymous said...

Whew, that was a long time, but it looks like it was well worth it. Your hair turned out great.

Welcome to Sisterlockdum!

Goodnapps said...

Congratulations! Your new SLs look great.

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Your Sisterlocks look great! Congratulations!

Cashana said...

Congratulations. Your hair looks wonderful.

Helga said...

All the best to you, your hair looks fantastic and I know that you will have so much fun wearing them. Thanks for your comments on my blog, and yeah, your loctician probably does deserve a fat tip for your beautiful locks ;-)