Saturday, August 4, 2007

WHAT NOT TO DO IN A WIG

So the summer is quickly coming to a close, and I decide that I would accompany my kids on one of their summer day camp field trips. Sounds like a good idea, right? Do I pick a nice museum? or a nice air conditioned building full of jumpy things? or even a petting zoo?? NOOOOOOooooo, not me. I decided to go on a mile long hike up the waterfall at the Amicalola Falls State Park in north Georgia. It was 90 something degrees that day (last
Thursday) and sunny. The shade of the trees in the forest blocked most of the sun, but that didn't help the humidity.

The kids were troopers--they hit the trail and kept going. We started off on an asphalt path, and then hit a series of 425 steps--rated strenuous. The falls and vegetation were really pretty, but, oh my gosh, I was soooo hot. And that wig did not help one bit. I just wanted to rip it off. I kept wishing that I already had my Sisterlocks. By the time I was half way up, my neck and back were soaked. All I could do was keep climbing. The hike was supposed to take about 20 minutes. I'm sure it took me twice as long. I was one of the last ones up--but I made it, wig and all.


3 comments:

Naturalist1 said...

The pics looks beautiful. Glad you had a good time.

Ms Stella said...

I love the pictures. I can see why you made the hike. Maybe you can do it again after you get your Sisterlocks and compare notes!

blackrussian said...

Oooh girl!

I feel for you!

One time I wore a wig to a house party. I made it work, and I DID look cute, but it was the first, last and ONLY time I tried ANYthing that would involve exertion in a wig.

People always talk about the sisterlocks freedom, but you really can't imagine it until you experience it for yourself!

You can really do ANYTHING you ever wanted to and NOT WORRY ABOUT YOUR HAIR!!!

You won't worry about it while you're involved in the activity AND you won't have to worry about what to do with it when you're done.

At the most you'll have to put it up, let it down, wet it, or let it dry...

IT IS AMAZING!!!!