Monday, August 27, 2007

MIRROR VS CAMERA






How is it that your vision of yourself if a mirror is not what a camera or the rest of the world sees?
This morning I took my hair out of the (experimental) cornrolls, and I didn’t quite like the results. Instead of bouncy hair and tames ends, it just looked like I needed to comb my hair. After a few minutes of finger combing, I got it into, what I thought was, a decent style, and off I went to work. An hour or two later, I took some pictures, and this is what it looked like. Not quite the look I was going for last night!!
I promise you, it did not look like that in my mirror at home. But the camera doesn’t lie, right?










So, I did a little more finger combing—not quite perfect, but better.





I did get a few more pictures that show the locks pretty well. I really like how my hair falls in the back. The fuzzy ends make my hair look pretty full.




One week Sisterlocked, and loving it!!

4 comments:

Naturally Sophia said...

Your hair looks nice Paylar. I don't think it looks like it needs to be combed...maybe, if you want big curls, you can use sponge rollers and water/setting lotion?

Khandi said...

Your locs look gr8. Cant wait til i have some length and can style them.

Naturalist1 said...

Your hair looks pretty. Can't wait til they start blossoming.

ajewelle's brand new day.... said...

Hi, and welcome to you also. Your locs look good. They already look styled. Thank you for the vote of confidence, I wish I could just be stable with it. I'm better everyday.

My other blog is going to take a couple of weeks (at the rate I'm going). I'm so happy your interested! I've always wanted to write a book about my unusual experiences and this blog gave me the inspiration to get started. I have so much to say and I'm as excited about it as I am having Sisterlocks. This new lifestyle has opened up a whole new world of blogging, sister friends and community.
I'll keep watching your progress.